NLP & Speech Recognition
From Multiplyd Wiki
- Health Fidelity (based on Columbia’s MedLEE engine)
- Wired Informatics: Founded 2013. Boston Children's Hospital spinoff. The R&D leader is same as the one behind open-source cTAKES engine.
- Medicomp: Documentation tool. SDK.
- Dragon Medical from Nuance: The biggest player, used by many other companies like MD-IT
- MModal: Multiple solutions with Speech Recognition at core. Transcription, Documentation improvement.
- CliniThink: Converts free-text medical data into structured information
- Code Ryte: NLP engine that automatically assigns appropriate codes. Part of 3M now.
- 360 Fresh: NLP for risk assessments and outcomes analysis. Acquired by Advisory Board.
- MedCPU: Does free-text processing to deliver clinical workflow decision support
- QPIDHealth: Aggregates EHR data, Does NLP search and manifests as apps.
- Talix: Spinoff from Healthline. Uses proprietary NLP to do Analytics.
- Sytrue: Based out of Chico, CA.
- NarrativeDx: ?NLP & machine learning for patient feedback. $5.47 raised.
- Linguamatics: NLP base text mining for Life Sciences and Healthcare. UK based. Founded 2001.
Voice-driven AI Assistants (Virtual Scribes)
- Suki: Ex-flipart, google CEO. Raised $20M from Benihoff, Venrock, Social Capital. Focused on physician documentation for now.
- SayKara: $2.5M seed. Seattle. Documentation focused.
- Notable Health: Uses apple watch for voice-based physician-patient interaction workflows. $3M seed from Greylock.
- Aiva: Techstars alum. Raised from Amazon Alexa fund and Google Assistant Investments.