Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Remote Monitoring: This is a curated stream of news, articles and products that pertain to the overall topic of sensor-based remote monitoring in healthcare.
- Advanced Analytics: Advanced Analytics is a forward-looking style of information analysis where skills, tools, and technologies are focused on continuous and iterative investigation of past performance to drive business planning and estimate future performance. Predictive modeling is perhaps the most widley recognized technique in this category, but there are others. This list contains information around Advanced Analytics news, resources and offerings.
- Hardware Platforms: Some major players have put forth computing devices with healthcare focus. These are various form factors (smartphones, tablets, etc) that are built to withstand bumps, disinfection, spills etc.
- NLP & Speech Recognition: List of companies that have offerings based on healthcare-specific Natural Language Processing and/or Speech Recognition technology.
- Transition of Care: Read this for background. I actually consider care transition to be a part of enterprise Electronic Health Records (EHRs), but there have recently been a number of companies that are focused on creating solutions for managing the transition of patient from one care setting to another (e.g. discharge from inpatient facility to home or PCP care). This list doesn't include the traditional EHR vendors.
- Care Collaboration: Solutions that focus on making it easier for different caregivers (family, relatives, clinicians, etc.) and teams to work with one other in context of a single patient's care. Like Transition of Care, this is something that conventional enterprise EHRs would ideally provide, but niche companies are emerging focused on just this value proposition. Also note that the line between care collaboration and transition of care solutions is blurry.
- Population Health Management: Healthcare IT software related to managing a large group of patients. Includes vendors offerings that have to do with registries, research cohorts, patient panel management, etc.
- Niche Healthcare IT Companies: Firms offering specialized, sometimes informatics-heavy products. Most have not seen significant market traction. They are noted here because of the somewhat unique pedigree or solution or target market. Mostly, they focus on opportunities not directly addressed by big players in Healthcare IT industry.
Note: Helpful wiki-style formatting tips are here.